Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Junior Seau Foundation

Our community lost a dear friend and leader on May 2.
Junior Seau was an amazing man and a wonderful contributor to our souls.

Cat, Vallie and I spent many days loving him with coffee, margaritas and laughter.

I would often question Junior about his foundation...Junior Seau Foundation...because I loved all the unique events they created to benefit children in the SD area. My favorite was the Shop with a Jock event where, in 2011, 250 under privileged children received $100 gift card from the foundation to shop for gifts for their loved ones. The foundation's intention was to inspire giving rather than receiving for the holidays. I remember sitting at the bar at Jitters while he was telling me about this event. His face lit up as he talked about the kids getting paired up with a professional athlete and then buying items for mom & dad. I might have even seen a little tear. Yep. I did.



We had other talks of things he wanted to do with the foundation and those conversations are held close to my heart knowing that at any time I can honor my friend by doing one of his brilliant ideas of contribution.

Feeding the Soul is honored to host a night to benefit the Junior Seau Foundation in memory of our BIG HEARTED friend "June".

Please join us with wonderful music by The Lovebirds and Tom Bradley at Jitters on Friday, June 8.
If you're not able to join us you can always donate directly to the Junior Seau Foundation.

Let's celebrate!!!

In love, laugher, music annnnnnd margaritas,
Melissa
Feeding the Soul Team Member


No comments:

Post a Comment