Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A BIG Recipe for Creating and Donating‏

Whoa.
Our biggest recipe yet! The Feeding the Soul Foundation CD Release Party! Seconds please!!!!

For the last 5 months myself, Vallie Gilley & Cat Bramhall have been meeting, eating and creating for a day that has quickly become my favorite of all times....December 18th, 2010. I had an image what that day would look like....my favorite people on stage, my favorite people in the audience and my favorite music being played loud and clear. Apparently all you have to do is think it and BOOM...be ready for it. Often when I plan a big event I create my own recipe of details. Then on the day of the event the recipe gets wet and you get to create it even BETTER then the recipe you started with. I love that!

11 musicians
Over 30 songs played
400 guests
8 creative craftsmen
5 tables of amazing food
Over 20 volunteers
5 amazing sound and light Gods
1 venue with 2 helpful Goddesses
Thousands of dollars raised for 2 worthy beneficiaries
and
my cute daddy

Kept warm and toasty...perfect...THAT is exactly what I ordered.
I used to say I couldn't cook. I guess my recipe and creation just looks different is all. :)

When I think of that special night I get goosebumps. The images that flash into my head are those of musicians rehearsing in the back, hugging, my best friends greeting our guests, arts being shared and the most beautiful music I have ever heard being played for a inspired crowd. My musician friends are the most talented in the world. And it makes me so proud and honored to share them with new and old fans. My life has been forever brightened by these beautiful souls and I will continue to create events to make sure the world is listening to them and their greatness. I love them so.

Speaking of loving souls...Vallie Gilley, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, to the top of my mel-lon...YOU, my friend, are a gift from the heavens and I am honored to be your co-chef in this kitchen of contribution.

Cat, your gift of balancing the crazy in me is beyond appreciated. I thank you for every coin you count and process you create. THANK YOU FRIEND!

As for me...I am completely proud and happy with the work this team is putting out there. I say "team" because at times it may seem like it's just 3 of us, however, it is a WHOLE community that creates this goodness, I am just so honored I am part of it.

Experience the magic....Feeding the Soul Vol. 1 - Family Dinner: Benefit CD & Cookbooklet

In love, music and creation,
Melissa

These are my friends. I love them.
"I wanna THANK YOU!"





No comments:

Post a Comment