Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Soul-iversary!!!

Happy Anniversary to Feeding the Soul!!!

It was one year ago that our founder, Vallie Gilley, created the first Feeding the Soul Event! It started as our community coming together for a fun night of dinner and music to donate money to Brother Bennos Soup Kitchen...and I, Melissa Grove, was there! I had an event the weekend before and I was still on that high so having another event just seemed like the natural way to increase the high...and it did! The next few days after the events Vallie and I did nothing but smile and talk about our friends, family and supporters that jumped in and created the best night ever! I clearly remember her looking at me with a big smile and happy eyes..."Wanna keep going?" she said.
"Um.YEAH!!!!" I said. And that was a year, 20+ events, $40,000+, a compilation CD and mmmmany songs ago. I have enjoyed each breakdown, breakthrough, lesson, manifestation, hug and macaroon with all my heart.
And with that I say...HAPPY ANNIVERSARAAAY!!!

Wanna keep going? UMMMM.YYYYEAHHHHH!
Love you all,
Melissa Maria Grove
Promoter of the Soul

1 comment: