Monday, November 1, 2010

Alex Woodard's Song - "Open Up"

Back in 2007 I went to, what I considered, one of the coolest small beach concerts ever. It was at Moonlight Beach in Encinitas...BroAm benefiting Stand Up for Kids. It was my first taste of music for a cause and also planted the seed for my future passion. I saw new musicians that lived locally and supported locally...one of them being Alex Woodard. I thought to myself "who is this cute guy with a beauuuutiful custom made guitar?" I was mostly there to support a friend, however, I walked away with Alex's Up with the Sun CD and became a secret super fan. Months went by and I found myself having dinner with him and my close friend Dawn Mitschele talking about the music industry and what the life of a musician looks like to them. Throughout the years Alex has become one of my closest friends and I was so excited when Vallie asked him to create a song for the Feeding the Soul Foundation CD. Alex's song witing skills are amazing to watch. He has a gift for story telling and I was lucky enough to watch this song grow. This song is a great reminder to open up and let love in. Sometimes we need a little reminder of that. I do anyway.

It is our privilege to give you the first taste of our Feeding the Soul CD!
Friends and friends of friends...Alex Woodard's Open Up!
Listen to Open Up here

Here is what Alex's says about his song "Open Up":

"I've moved through life in this rhythmic pattern of sometimes closing my heart off, sometimes opening up, but always searching for where love really lives.  So i had this idea of love living in a house outside of town, the kind of house that sits high up on a hill and looks deserted, with paint peeling off the sides and shutters barely hanging on.  Behind those weather-beaten walls, though, is a beautiful world, where love still walks the halls.
'Open up' is what happens when she hears a familiar voice coming from outside the door.  This acoustic version is just me and my utility player, Ike Marr.  I recorded the guitar and vocal live in my living room, played some piano on it, and then Ike sang the background vocal and played banjo."


I would like to acknowledge Alex for his commitment to  BEAUTIFUL song writing and story telling. His gift of music is only part of his raddness. I have seen him perform, host parties, cook for friends, teach someone to surf and love his dog...he is a super friend...and from the bottom of my heart I say...
THANK YOU Alex for all you do...and thank you for gifting us one of your beautiful songs!
~ Melissa

http://www.alexwoodard.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment